I had a conversation earlier today about networking meetings and I thought of the reasons why I’ve never been to one. I think as a ‘typical brit’ not only am I horrendous at taking a compliment about my work, I find it incredibly difficult to compliment myself. So standing in a room full of people telling them I’m ace at my job is absolutely the most terrifying thought.
So this evening I set myself a challenge to tell the world (or just the Wirral) why they should choose me and my services. And I would encourage all my other business friends to do the same, sit down and take a look at how far you’ve come and what makes you the perfect choice. I’ve realised today that it is essential to believe in yourself and don’t be shy – tell the word your good points! Here goes!
– I have 7 years experience in the nail and beauty industry with multiple professional qualifications and a member of The Guild of Nail Technicians.
– I only work with the very best brands such as CND, Lecenté & MoroccanTan. I buy these products from authorised distributors only.
– I have always kept my education up to date and value continued professional development, as this enables me to give my clients the very best services.
– I am an Education Ambassador for the global market leader in the nail industry, CND, creators of the amazing CND Shellac. This was not an easy job title to earn – there were practical assessments, written exams, presentations and even an international boot camp! A rigorous process that led to me being able to help shape the future of the professional nail industry by educating the next generation!
– In 2016 I won Scratch Stars Gel Polish Stylist of the Year. Scratch Stars Awards are run by the largest nail industry publication, Scratch Magazine, and are independently judged by a panel of specialists. It’s an amazing accolade I am proud to have won it, and I was in the final 5 of the same category in 2017, along with one of the Top 6 UK Nail Professionals of the Year!
– I have a real passion for nails, whether it’s a natural nail manicure or a set of beautiful enhancements. For me, the health of the natural nail is paramount which means clients can trust that they are in the best hands. I use the correct procedures for each and every product I use to ensure a perfect treatment every time.
– I adore nail art and am always looking for new ways to surprise and delight my clients, and with the innovative Lecenté products this has never been more exciting.
– I am also very passionate about the education side of my career – I try my very best to give as much knowledge as possible to all my students and continue to support them throughout their career with advice, help and support.
There we go! I did it and it felt kinda good! Now it’s your turn, tell the world!
A few weeks ago, I had a new client in for a whole host of pre-holiday waxing services. As wax:one is still so new, I’ve been asking for feedback from everyone to gauge reactions. Usually just a couple of sentences, which is great, but this particular client was so impressed she went above and beyond what was asked and wrote the following honest piece about her wax:one experience. I just HAD to share! Read on to see why wax:one is sweeping the nation...
“Wax one well what can I say?...
I’ve been getting waxed for years, strip wax & hot wax on my legs, Brazilian bikini & underarms, it’s always hurt like hell when it’s applied (because it’s always too hot), ripped off & for a few days later, numerous cold showers on “my bits” failed to take the swelling down on my ‘bikini’. I always thought ‘no pain no gain’ & it’s just the norm...right?...No!! It’s wrong!
Being very sceptical when I was reading Kate’s recommendations for Wax One I hesitantly caved in & thought I’d give it a try, it couldn’t be worse than what I’d had to put up with just to be hair free could it? Well, I was absolutely gobsmacked to be totally honest, my main concern was my bikini (Brazilian), I didn’t have to “pull here with this hand & pull there with that hand” acting like a contortionist whilst trying to lay straight on the bed & not hoofing the girl in the face when she ripped the boiling wax OFF my bits, instead, I just lay there, totally relaxed, only moving my legs so Kate could apply the warm temperatured, absolutely lovely smelling wax to my private bits & most of the time I hardly felt a thing, there were a couple of times I asked Kate to tell me when she was about to rip the wax off so I could brace myself, she replied “I’ve already done it!!” Well it’s a good job I was lying down because I was totally gobsmacked, I nearly rolled off the bed in amazement!.
Stuff that saying ‘no pain no gain’ anymore, my pain threshold on my lady bits are virtually ZERO so now I’ll NEVER EVER go back to my usual place for waxing.
Kate made me feel 100% at ease & comfortable, “think of me as your midwife” she said...that was enough for me, it broke the ice & we had a good giggle too.
So now Kate has to put up with my lady bits, legs & underarm’s from now on, I’ll never go anywhere else. Go on, be brave & try it just once, I guarantee you’ll be as gobsmacked as I was with this fantastic ‘midwife’.”
What a lovely thing to read on a Friday! If you’ve not yet tried wax:one, then it’s definitely time to give it a try!